Cairns Heritage Homes Limited
Cairns Heritage Homes are looking to recruit an experienced construction buyer who can ensure materials are on site on-time and ready for the projects to prevent any delays. You will have previous experience in estimating, as well as extensive building material knowledge.
We are an established independent residential property developer based near Loughborough. We have over 25 years’ experience in creating outstanding architectural properties which enjoy all modern day technologies, conveniences and use of internal space, and which are built to exacting standards using contemporary techniques, yet which retain a “heritage” feel and blend beautifully with their environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual, who will report directly to the Managing Director, to be involved in:
- Taking off material requirements from drawings, liaising with the quantity surveyor.
- Pro-actively sourcing and ordering construction materials, plant and services in line with our build programmes, and as and when requested.
- Building relationships with suppliers to encourage and sustain a quality supply service.
- Dealing with site and supplier queries and issues.
- Invoice checking and authorising/querying as and when necessary.
We are looking for the following skills, qualities and qualifications in applicants for this role:
- Previous buying experience in the construction industry.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with all parties effectively and efficiently in written and verbal scenarios.
- Strong IT skills.
- Demonstrable initiative and fresh thinking attitude to find solutions and resolve queries autonomously.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and confidence in negotiating with suppliers to provide the best rates.