If you have never bought a new home before, or if it is some time since you did so, the information below might help guide you through the process.
Please talk to us if you would like details for an independent financial advisor.
- You must complete a reservation form and pay a deposit. At your meeting to complete the reservation form and the meeting that follows, you will have an opportunity to review the plans of your new home and the development with the sales team.
- You should appoint a solicitor/legal advisor and let us know their contact details so that our solicitor can forward a draft contract, conveyance plan and any other relevant documentation.
- You will also need to pay your solicitor for any searches that are required in relation to your purchase, to enable them to apply for these on your behalf.
- Your selected solicitor will need to be informed of our 28 day exchange deadline to ensure that they will be able to effect exchange of contracts within that time.
- Our sales team can recommend a solicitor for you to use, should you not already have one.
- If you need to, apply for a mortgage. You may need an independent financial advisor (certainly if you are seeking to use the Help to Buy scheme) and we will always ask that you are financially qualified by them before we proceed with the reservation.
- You must transfer your 10% deposit to your solicitor prior to exchange of contracts.
- Your solicitor will make arrangements with our solicitor to exchange contracts. Once all questions and queries relating to your new home and the development have been answered and our solicitor is in receipt of your deposit funds, exchange of contacts will take place.
- Approximately 14 days before you can move into your new home you will be given a firm date for legal completion and then you can make the necessary arrangements to move into your new home.
- Once you have been given your fixed completion date you can book your removal company, arrange for your new phone line to be connected and transfer your utility account to your new address.
- Before you move in, we will arrange for you to visit your new home and you will meet the site manager to go through your new home to make sure you are familiar with all its functions and features.
- On the day of legal completion we will await a call from our solicitor to confirm that funds have been received and your purchase therefore completed before we can hand over the keys for your new home and you will then be able to move in.
- Our site team will pay you two courtesy visits after you have moved in, to make sure that any questions you may have can be answered.
- 28 days after you have completed your purchase, our Customer Care team will take over and become your point of contact. Should you experience any problems with your new home they will help you and will endeavor to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.